My Johnsonville Sausage Italian Inspiration House Party & Giveaway 03/19/11
March 12th our home had an Italian Inspiration House Party sponsored by Johnsonville and House Party! Eight of our dearest friends and family showed for plenty of good Italian inspired food and games. A good time was had by all.
Our party pack from Johnsonville provided us with plenty of party favors, paper plates and napkins as well as flavorful samples of sausages to share. They even sent an apron, oven mitt and pasta spoon! But the most surprising was the amount of coupons they provided for our guests. Don’t worry, though, I saved some for you guys!
– Some of our House Party Favorites –
Italian Sausage w/Peppers, Onions and Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville Italian or Sweet Sausage
- 2 medium green and/or red peppers, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked tube-shaped pasta (penne or ziti), cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage in 2 batches and cook until it’s well browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir the pasta sauce into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
Summer Sausage S’mores
- 1 package Johnsonville® Original Summer Sausage, sliced 1/4 inch think
- cheddar cheese (to match), sliced to the diameter of the sausage
- round snack crackers (we used Roasted Vegetable RITZ)
- course-ground mustard
Place sausage slices on a hot grill or under the broiler. Cook until the sausages start to curl into a cup shape, about three minutes.
Flip the sausage and place the cheese inside the cupped side.
Cover the grill and allow the cheese to melt. If you broiled them, just cover with foil.
Remove the sausage cups from the grill and sandwich them between the crackers just before serving.
Confetti Bratwurst Hoagie
- 1 package (14 oz.) Johnsonville® Beer Brats
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red Russian dressing
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup confetti coleslaw mixture
Prepare brats according to package directions; keep warm.
Combine cabbage, onion, pepper and dressing, blend well.
Place brats on open-face hoagie rolls and add two slices of Swiss cheese to each.
Place under broiler until cheese is melted.
Top sandwiches with approximately 1/4 cup confetti coleslaw mixture and serve.
Thank you Johnsonville and House Party!
All of these recipes and more can be found at Johnsonville.com! Be sure to check out their promos, too. You never know what they’ll be offering next. While you are there, sign up for the FREE Johnsonville’s Enthusiast Club where you’ll instantly be eligible for special deals, offers, games, contests and money-saving coupons from Johnsonville Sausage!
If you’d like to host a party just like this one, visit House Party and register. You will receive amazing discounts and free stuff from brands you know and love. All you have to do is host a party with a few friends and family in your own home. It’s a lot of fun!
I would like to thank Johnsonville and House Party for providing me the opportunity to host my very own House Party!
– Scrumptious Tidbits Coupon Giveaway –
We’re giving away a stack of coupons to THREE lucky winners!
(2) FREE Johnsonville Chicken Sausage Coupons (each good for one package, any flavor)
(1) FREE Johnsonville Italian Sausage Coupon (good for one package, any flavor or variety)
(1) $1.50 off Johnsonville Italian Sausage Coupon (good for one package, any flavor or variety)
(1) $1.00 off Johnsonville Italian Sausage Coupon (good for one package, any flavor or variety)
How To Enter:
1. Grilling season is right around the corner; visit Johnsonville’s Recipe Page and tell us which recipe sounds like something your family would love to try.
Additional optional entries: Eligible after completing mandatory entry above: You can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done and be sure to include your email.
2. “Like” my Facebook Fanpage here. Already have? Just leave a comment below saying so. – (1 entry).
3. Share this post on your Facebook page. (3 entries)
4. Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect (see sidebar to sign up) Already a follower? Just leave a comment saying that you are a follower. (1 entry)
5. Subscribe to my RSS Feed (1 entry)
6. Follow me on Twitter. (1 entry) Current followers are eligible, too. Tweet about this giveaway and leave a link (can tweet once daily for 1 entry per day). Please include the hashtag #johnsonville in your tweet.
7. For 3 Extra Entries – Grab my button (code is provided here) and add it to your blog roll. Post 3 separate comments that you’ve added it.
8. For 5 Extra Entries – Write a blog post about this giveaway, with a link to my blog. Come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post 5 separate comments that you’ve blogged about this.
Giveaway ends on March 31th at 11:59 PM EST. Open to US. Winners will be chosen by random.org and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.