Beer Bread 07/25/12
Pop this into the oven right as you start dinner to have fresh baked bread with your meal. I’ve made this several times using various types of beer and seasoning and it’s always turned out delicious.
3 c self rising flour
3 Tbsp sugar
12 oz beer (light or regular; cold or warm)
3 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and grease the loaf pan or spray some not-stick spray in it (on bottom and up the sides)
2. Mix the first 3-ingredient together with wooden spoon and pour into a bread loaf pan.
3. I melt 3 Tablespoons of butter and pour over top of the dough just before placing in oven.
4. Bake for approximately 1 hour (depending on oven, 50 minutes to 1 hour).
5. When finished baking, move to cool for 10-to-15 minutes on wire rack before removing from the loaf pan.
You can add a tbsp of Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder if you’re serving this bread with an Italian dinner. It’s also good with a cup of shredded cheese mixed in, as well.